The vaginitis, cervicitis and the UTI during the summer are often problems that threaten to disturb your tranquility and enjoyment of the holiday. The heat and high humidity of the genital area, the unsuitable sea waters, the contact with the sand and the sand beds are sufficient conditions that can disrupt the harmony and your summer relaxation.
So there are simple and effective tips to avoid the unpleasant “acquaintances” with microbes this summer.
- Drink 2-3 liters of fluids daily (water, juices, about 8-10 glasses / day).
- Ensure regular and proper hygiene of your genital area.
- Do not stay too long in a damp swimsuit-make sure you have a second to change.
- Spread always your towel on the sand or on the sun lounger.
- Avoid, where possible, the frequent use of tight underwear and jeans -temperature increase in the region = humidity, creating the ideal environment for the growth of microbes annoying us.
- Use cotton, not synthetic underwear.
- Be sure to wipe to the toilet in time from front to back to avoid transferring bacteria from the intestine into your vagina.
- Always use condom during your summer sexual intercourse (protects against human papillomavirus-HPV, chlamydia, HIV AIDS, and other sexually transmitted diseases).
So, enjoy your summer, be sure that you got all those measures that will reduce the likelihood of having to go looking for obstetrician for vaginal crops or pharmacy for the necessary therapeutic creams etc…